- Applicants must be at least 14 years old and a resident of the Borough of Highland Park.
- Parents/guardians must show proof of relationship for any minor applying for an ID card.
- Applicants must show proof of identity and residency (see requirements below).
- Identification Cards are valid for two years from time of issuance.
- Identification Cards are intended to assist in the identification of the valid cardholder for the purposes of obtaining services from the Borough of Highland Park and at the discretion of businesses within the Borough of Highland Park.
How to Apply
- Complete the Identification Card Application Form.
- Collect documentation for both proof of identity (4 points) and residency (2 points) from the categories listed below.
- Present application and documentation to the Borough Library at 31 South Fifth Avenue during ID program office hours. Once application is approved, remit payment in the amount of $15 adults; $7 seniors, veterans, children.
- If payment is a hardship, you may request a waiver.
Six Point Verification System
- Applicants must have at least four (4) points proving identity and two (2) points proving residency.
- Applicants must provide at least one unique form of documentation for identity and for residency.
- All documents must be originals. If expired, said expiration must be two years or less from the date of presentation.
Proof of Identity (4 points)
Four (4) Point Documents
- U.S. State Driver’s License or Learner’s Permit Photo ID
- U.S. State Identification Card
- Proof of a minor enrolled in Highland Park public or private school (Minor’s ONLY)
- Three (3) Point Documents
- Consular ID Card with photograph
- VISA (current) or current U.S. Work Permit
- National Identification Card (must have photo, name, address, date of birth and expiration date)
- Birth Certificate (U.S.)
- U.S. Permanent resident (Green Card)
- U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Certificate
- State Veterans ID with photo
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- U.S. or Foreign Passport
- Two (2) Point Documents
- Foreign Driver’s License
- Foreign Military Identification Card with photo
- Birth Certificate (Foreign)
- N.J. Valid Auto Registration
- One (1) Point Documents
- ITIN Card (must be accompanied by an ID with a photo)
- Social Security Card
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card
- High School or College Diploma
- Voter Registration Card
Proof of Residency (2 points)
Four (4) Point Documents
- New Jersey Driver’s License or Learner’s Permit Photo ID
- New Jersey Identification Card
Two (2) Point Documents
- Utility bill with name and address
- Cable bill
- Auto Insurance Card
- Residential lease
- Report Card from Local School District
One (1) Point Documents
- Insurance bill
- Bank Statement
- Employment Pay Stub
- Local property tax statement
- Income Tax filing form (1 year)
- Original documents from any local, state or federal
- Government agency