Phone & Internet Fraud Schemes
- IRS Warns of New E-Mail and Telephone Scams Using the IRS Name
- How Not to Get Hooked by Phishing Scams
Visit the FBI Most Common Fraud Schemes page for more information on the most Common Fraud Schemes.
Preventing Identity Theft
Visit the NJ State Police Web Site for more information on Identity Theft.
Below are some helpfull phone numbers, if you feel you are a victim of Identity Theft:
- Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289
- Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1-800-269-0271