Kim McGraw serves as the Senior Program Coordinator. The Senior/Youth Center serves as a meeting place for local senior citizens. It offers a wide variety of social, recreational, and educational activities daily for the benefit and enjoyment of Highland Park Seniors.
Please see the Senior Programs below and follow us on facebook.
Annual Special Celebrations, Programs & Luncheons
Monthly Senior luncheons are held each month. All special luncheons include entertainment and/or presentation.
Also throughout the year we have special celebrations such as an annual Valentine party in February, Senior "Dancing Under the Stars" in June, Thanksgiving luncheon in November and Holiday luncheon in December.
Activities, Programs & Services
- Health Workshops & Services
- Health Screenings
- Monthly Blood Pressure Screening
- Education Presentations & Seminars
- Painting Classes
- Arts & Crafts
- Weekly Movies
- Exercise Programs including Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, Taiji,
- Healthy Bones and Strengthening programs
- Monthly Luncheons
- Dance Performances
- Weekly Yiddish Group
- Monthly ON-Site Barber, Podiatrist, seamstress visits
- Tea & Discussion Groups
- Walking Group
- Chorus Sing Along Group
- Piano lessons and instruction
- Computer Classes and Instruction
- Knitting Group
- BINGO, Bridge & Card Games
- Mah Jong
- Ping Pong & Pool Table
- Weekly Shopping Trips
- Monthly Specials Trips
- Quarterly Atlantic City Trips
- Annual "Dancing Under The Stars" Event
- Annual Holiday Parties
- Ice Cream Socials
- Spring Fling & Winter Dances
- Breakfast Program - Daily
- Kosher Lunch Programs held Tuesday's and Thursdays
- Lunch & Learns
- Seasonal Tax Assistance
- ARA Group
- Blood pressure 1st Monday of the month from 10: 30 am to noon. Walk ins welcome. FREE
- Podiatrist: 2nd Thursday of each month. Please call Community Center for details.
- Exercise classes are held daily. Please see monthly calendar for listings
In -Town Transportation - Call (732) 819-0052
Curb to curb transportation to and from the Community Center is available Monday through Friday. (Please see schedule/insert link)
Passengers must be able to board and disembark the bus without assistance or with the assistance of an aide.
Requests for pick-up must be made the day before the requested.
In- town Services begin pick ups at 8:30 a.m and last ride is at 3:30 pm (Unless otherwise noted)
Medical transportation is available for non-emergency appointments through out Middlesex County. To schedule a ride for an out of town medical appointment, please call our office to make a request.If possible, please schedule 2 weeks in advance as space is limited. Other Transportation Services available - MCAT (Middlesex Co. Area Transportation) Call (800) 221-3520 to register. * Include Link.
Wednesday Shopping Trips
Every Wednesday at 12:30 pm leaving the HP Community Center to supermarkets, shopping centers, malls and restaurants unless noted otherwise.
Please call or stop by to sign up.
Please limit two bags per passenger. Passengers are responsible for handling their own bags. Aides may attend trips and use transportation services to and assist.