The office of Recreation offers various programs, activities and events throughout the year that appeal to a wide range of people throughout our community.
- Youth sports: Team and Instructional - Soccer, Flag Football, Basketball, Baseball/Softball are our main youth team sports. We also run instructional clinics for Soccer, Track and Field, Girls on the Run, Table Tennis and Tennis.
- Activities and Classes - Youth Theater, Engineering, Art Classes (pottery and graphic arts), and Nature.
- Adult Sports: Team, pick-up, and fitness classes - - Exercise classes include Tai Chi, Fitness for All, Israeli Dance and Boot Camp. We have pick-up Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Women and Men Softball Leagues, Soccer and Volleyball.
- Summer Camps - Day Camp, Sports Camp and Theater Camp.
- Community Events - Parades, Holiday Dinner and Festivals.
All abilities welcome! Highland Park Recreation invites and welcomes people of all abilities to enjoy its sites and facilities as well as to participate in its programs and events.
Any questions about programs for people with special needs may be directed to Andrea Baay, Recreation/Arts Coordinator or follow us on Facebook.
Fee Assistance Program
Highland Park Recreation offers a Fee Assistance program. We offer reduced fees for Highland Park Residents, for all of our youth recreation programs based on income requirements. If you are on free or reduced lunch or if you fall within the USDA income eligibility guidelines, you may qualify for this program. You will need to submit a copy of your current, free or reduced lunch letter or proof of your household income to the Highland Park Community Center once per year. All forms will need to be renewed by November 15th of each year.
This program is available for all of our Youth Recreation Programs, including Summer Camp!
Fee Assistance is subsidized by Sponsorships, Donations, and the Middlesex County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) . For more information call 732-819-0052 or email.
Online Background checks must be completed.
***The online background check should only be done once, every two years, as we are charged a fee each time.
You must register online for all programs no matter what payment method you are using.
Please click on the Recreation Programs above to see what programs are available.
- Please visit HighlandParkRec.com and click on the create a new account option.
- Be sure to add all members of your household into the account.
Don't forget to enter your cell number with the carrier so we can text you any last minute changes.
Your new household account will provide you with registrations, history, financial history and much more.
You may pay online or in person using using debit, credit card, check, cash or money order.