Shuttle Bus Driver
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:03/06/2020 8:49 AM
- Deadline to Apply:04/06/2020
The Borough is accepting applications for a full-time position of Shuttle Bus Driver for our Community Services Department. The Borough of Highland Park, in Middlesex County, located between Edison and New Brunswick, is a diverse and active community of over 14,000 people living in 1.76 square miles. The Borough of Highland Park provides transportation services to residents who are members and users of the Borough’s Community and Teen Centers, and other services offered by the Borough. Qualified applicant must have the ability to understand and work with various residents, such as the elderly; people with disabilities, and work in a compassionate, sympathetic, and calm manner. Applicant must be organized, flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the position and work independently with little or no supervision.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Providing daily transportation service in Highland Park and surrounding towns; weekly shopping trips; monthly trips in NJ/ Eastern PA, and special community events (as needed - some events held at night and/or weekend).
• Responsible for the maintenance/ servicing of motor vehicles used in transporting, as well as, notifying management of any mechanical issues/ failures in a timely manner.
• Reviews and follows daily schedule as written and keeps accurate records of number of passengers and miles per day.
• May be required to engage in some lifting (light packages), and assisting clients that have mobility issues/ concerns when working in a setting which provides direct services to clients who mobility limitation and/or have severe physical handicaps.
• May be required to provide transportation after regular working hours for trips and events.
• Advise dispatcher or supervisor if any passenger is hurt, or causes a disturbance.
• Inspect bus daily for “forgotten” items and refuse.
• May be required to engage in some lifting (light packages), and assisting clients that have mobility issues/concerns when working in a setting which provides direct services to clients who have mobility limitations and/or have severe physical handicaps.
• Performs related work assigned by the Department of Aging Supervisor on an “as needed” basis.
• Authorized to work in the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must pass a thorough background investigation including driving record and medical examination.
• High School Diploma or the equivalent.
• Clean driving record.
• Two years of experience of related work experience or working with senior, youth, and disabled citizens.
• First Aid and CPR preferred
• Valid New Jersey Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class C with Passenger (P) endorsement, required.
Send application and resume to Kimberly A. McGraw, Senior Coordinator, Department of Aging, 220 South 6th Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904 or apply online at www.hpboro.com no later than Monday, April 06, 2020. The Borough of Highland Park is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). The Borough reserves the right to select candidates prior to the application deadline.