Summer Camp: EMT/Head Counselor
- Type:Limited Term
- Posted Date:01/21/2020
- Deadline to Apply:05/01/2020 4:00 PM
Reporting to the Camp Director, the role of the EMT/ Head Counselor is to ensure the safety and success of the camp. This position will work closely with on-site staff to complete administrative functions; design and implement a developmentally appropriate, interactive 6-week curriculum in an area of specialty; provide necessary first aid care, and supervise specialists, counselors, and junior counselors. Most importantly, the EMT/ Head Counselor supervises and ensures the day-to-day safety of campers and counselors.
- CPR & First Aid certified. Automated External Defibrillator and EMT-Basic/ First Responder certifications are preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching and/or related camp supervisory experience.
- Experience in designing specialized activities for large-groups in one of the following areas including, but not limited to: music, art, science/nature, recreation, theater and cooking.
- Experience in providing developmentally appropriate enriching recreational activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Preferred: pursuing a career in a medical field (nurse, EMT, doctor etc.)
- Preferred: completion of or pursuing a degree in an education-related field.
- Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Dropbox
- Technologically proficient with scanners and fax machines.
- Attend pre-season and in-season staff meetings
- Assist in on-site setup and clean up
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Camp Director
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with parents to resolve all issues. This will be performed on the phone as well in-person.
- Take the lead on collecting and returning all campers medication each day. This will require constant communication with the parents to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
- Monitor health care of campers & maintain detailed records.
- Manage the storage of all life threatening allergy medications as well as additional necessary medications to ensure they are always accounted for and in the proper place.
- Administer appropriate first aid and camp approved medications.
- Monitor/evaluate camp health procedures and conditions.
- Maintain, inventory, and organize all medical and first aid supplies in all camp locations.
- Enforce and ensure camp policies on sunscreen and heat breaks (water and rest).