Summer Camp: Special Education Head Counselor
- Type:Limited Term
- Posted Date:01/21/2020
- Deadline to Apply:05/01/2020 4:00 PM
This position is full 6 weeks, 6 hours/ day. Must be certified in Special Education.
Head Counselor for Special Needs component of Summer Day Camp. Will work with the Camp Coordinator to design the most inclusive camp day for each enrolled child. Camper will join age mate group with an aid whenever appropriate and best for the individual child. Counselor will lead group for Children with Special Needs.
Experience in designing specialized activities for a group of children with special needs
• Experience in designing specialized activities for a group of children with special needs
• Experience in providing developmentally appropriate enriching recreational activities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Supervise specialists, counselors, and junior counselors
• Teaching degree and/or related camp supervisory experience
• CPR / AED Certified
Reports to: Camp Director
• To organize the push out / pull in program for children with special needs, to create the best, most inclusive experience for each individual child
• To design and implement a developmentally appropriate, interactive 6-week curriculum.
• Attend pre-season and in-season staff meetings
• Supervise campers, junior counselors, and counselors
• Assist in on-site setup and clean up
• Other related tasks as assigned by the Camp Coordinators