Click to Home
Go To Search
Can I plead guilty by payment through the Violations Bureau?
A court appearance is always required in criminal matters; however non-criminal matters such as traffic, boating, fish and game parks and forests violations can often be paid through the mail or at the court office. If you wish to plead guilty and give up your right to a hearing for such a violation, you may do so provided the "court appearance required" box has not been checked onthe ticket and provided the charge is listed on the Statewide Violations Bureau Schedule. If the penalty does not appearon the Statewide Violations Bureau Schedule or personal injury is involved, a court appearance is required.

To dispose of your case, you may bring or mail it, together with payment in the correct amount, to the Violations Bureau at the address found on the ticket. You may also pay on-line at Payments received after the appearance date may be assessed additional penalties. Failure to pay a traffic ticket will result in a suspension of your driving priviledges and the issuance of a warrant.

If you have posted bail on a payable ticket, you may contact the court about a ball waiver. That means your bail can be applied to the fines, costs and contempt penalties you owe, eliminating the need to appear in court.

Municipal Court

Show All Answers

1. Can I plead guilty by payment through the Violations Bureau?
2. When is a court appearance required?
3. How do I enter a plea of not guilty in a traffic case?